Tel: +49 69 24708 454
Email: j.yau [at] dipf.de
Jane Yau is a Researcher at the EduTech group at DIPF. Additionally, she is affiliated at the Chair of Learning, Design and Technology, University of Mannheim Business School where she currently leads a project in teaching analytics as well as designs and teaches a new state-of-the-art Mobile Learning course to masters students. Jane holds a PhD in Computer Science (Mobile Learning, 2010) from the University of Warwick, England and received a Postdoc Fellowship at the Centre for Learning and Knowledge Technologies from Linnaeus University, Sweden (2010-12). Thereafter, she was a Postdoc at Malmö University, Sweden (2012-14) involved in the teaching of the International Masters Program in Computer Science. In 2016, she was a visiting researcher at DIPF. Since 2017, she has been involved in various learning analytics projects (e.g. BMBF STELA) at the Uni. of Mannheim, examining study success in Germany as well as internationally.
- Mobile Learning
- Learning Analytics
- Educational Technologies
- PhD Computer Science (Mobile Learning) at the University of Warwick, England, 2005-10
- MSc Computer Science (E-Learning) at the University of Warwick, England, 2003-04
- BSc Computer Science at the University of Leicester, England, 1999-2002
- Chen, L., Ifenthaler, D. & Yau, J. (2021) Blended and online entrepreneurship education: A Systematic Review. Entrepreneurship Education, Springer.
- Yau, J. & Ifenthaler, D. (2020) Reflections on different learning analytics indicators for predicting study success.Int. Journal of Learning Analytics and Artificial Intelligence for Education, 2 (2), 4-23.
- Ifenthaler, D. & Yau, J. (2020) In Martin, F., Dennen, V. & Bonk, C. (eds.) Utilising learning analytics for study success: a systematic review. Systematic Reviews of Research on Learning Environments and Technologies. Special Issue in Edu. Technology Research and Development. AECT, 1961-1990.
- Ifenthaler, D. & Yau, J. (2019) Higher education stakeholders’ views on learning analytics policy recommendations for supporting study success. International Journal of Learning Analytics and Artificial Intelligence for Education, 1(1), 28-42.
- Ifenthaler, D., Mah, D., & Yau, J. (eds.). (2019). Utilizing learning analytics to support student success. New York, NY: Springer.