Postdoctoral Researcher in the Educational Technologies Group at DIPF
Information Center for Education
Rostocker Straße 6, 60323 Frankfurt am Main
+49 (0) 69 24708 478
weidlich [at] dipf.de
- Social Presence
- Psychosocial processes in online learning environments
- Research methods in Educational Technology
- Causal Inference in observational research
- Virtual Internships in Distance Education
- Evidence-based communication in Medicine
- DELTA School
- PhD in Educational Technology, FernUniversität in Hagen
- M.A. in E-Learning and Media Education, Heidelberg University of Education
- B.A. in Educational Science, Chemnitz University of Technology
- Kreijns, K., Bijker, M., & Weidlich, J. (2020). A Rasch Analysis Approach to the Development and Validation of a Social Presence Measure. In Rasch Measurement (pp. 197-221). Springer, Singapore.
- Weidlich, J., & Bastiaens, T. J. (2019). Pathway to presence: An investigation of ambient awareness in online learning environments. Interactive Learning Environments, 1-14.
- Weidlich, J., & Bastiaens, T. J. (2019). Designing sociable online learning environments and enhancing social presence: An affordance enrichment approach. Computers & Education, 142, 103622.
- Weidlich, J., Kreijns, K., Rajagopal, K., & Bastiaens, T. (2018, June). What Social Presence is, what it isn’t, and how to measure it: A work in progress. In EdMedia+ Innovate Learning (pp. 2142-2150). Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Weidlich, J., & Bastiaens, T. J. (2018). Technology matters–The impact of transactional distance on satisfaction in online distance learning. International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 19(3).
- Weidlich, J., & Bastiaens, T. J. (2017). Explaining social presence and the quality of online learning with the SIPS model. Computers in Human Behavior, 72, 479-487.