Associate Researcher in the Educational Technologies at DIPF
Information Center for Education
Rostocker Straße 6, 60323 Frankfurt am Main
+49 (0) 69-24708-457
i.jivet [at] dipf.de
LinkedIn • Google Scholar • Twitter
Ioana Jivet is Associate Researcher at EduTech group at DIPF Leibniz Institute for Research and Information in Education. Ioana obtained her Masters degree in Computer Science in 2016 from the TU Delft and then pursued a PhD at the Open University of the Netherlands which she obtained in March 2021 Cum Laude. Her research focused on designing learner-facing learning analytics dashboards that foster the development of self-regulated learning skills. Over the past years, she has contributed to Competen-SEA, a capacity building project in South-East Asia around MOOCs, and SHEILA, a research project that investigated the adoption of learning analytics in European higher education institutions and built a policy development framework for HEIs to facilitate adoption. At the moment, Ioana is serving on the Executive Committee of the Society of Learning Analytics Research as Secretary.
- Self-regulated learning and feedback
- Learning analytics uptake and adoption
- Culture and learning analytics design
- PhD in Learning Analytics at Open University of the Netherlands, 2021
- Master of Science in Computer Science, TU Delft, The Netherlands 2016
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Politechnica University of Timisoara, Romania, 2012
- Jivet, I., Wong, J., Scheffel, M., Valle Torre, M., Specht, M., & Drachsler, H. (2021, April). Quantum of Choice: How learners’ feedback monitoring decisions, goals and self-regulated learning skills are related. In LAK21: 11th International Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference (pp. 416-427). Best Paper Award at LAK21.
- Kollom, K., Tammets, K., Scheffel, M., Tsai, Y. S., Jivet, I., Muñoz-Merino, P. J., ... & Ley, T. (2021). A four-country cross-case analysis of academic staff expectations about learning analytics in higher education. The Internet and Higher Education, 49, 100788.
- Jivet, I., Scheffel, M., Schmitz, M., Robbers, S., Specht, M., & Drachsler, H. (2020). From students with love: An empirical study on learner goals, self-regulated learning and sense-making of learning analytics in higher education. The Internet and Higher Education, 47, 100758.
- Tsai, Y. S., Rates, D., Moreno-Marcos, P. M., Muñoz-Merino, P. J., Jivet, I., Scheffel, M., ... & Gašević, D. (2020). Learning analytics in European higher education—Trends and barriers. Computers & Education, 155, 103933.
- Tsai, Y. S., Moreno-Marcos, P. M., Jivet, I., Scheffel, M., Tammets, K., Kollom, K., & Gašević, D. (2018). The SHEILA framework: Informing institutional strategies and policy processes of learning analytics. Journal of Learning Analytics, 5(3), 5-20.
- Jivet, I., Scheffel, M., Specht, M., & Drachsler, H. (2018, March). License to evaluate: Preparing learning analytics dashboards for educational practice. In Proceedings of the 8th international conference on learning analytics and knowledge (pp. 31-40).
- Bodily, R., Kay, J., Aleven, V., Jivet, I., Davis, D., Xhakaj, F., & Verbert, K. (2018, March). Open learner models and learning analytics dashboards: a systematic review. In Proceedings of the 8th international conference on learning analytics and knowledge (pp. 41-50).
- Jivet, I., Scheffel, M., Drachsler, H., & Specht, M. (2017, September). Awareness is not enough: Pitfalls of learning analytics dashboards in the educational practice. In European conference on technology enhanced learning (pp. 82-96). Springer, Cham.