Doctoral Researcher in the Educational Technologies at DIPF | Leibniz Institute for Research and Information in Education
Rostocker Straße 6, 60323, Frankfurt am Main
+49 69 24708-806
a.ahmad [at] dipf.de
Atezaz Ahmad is a research assistant and doctoral candidate within the Leibniz Institute for Educational Research and Information and Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. His PhD thesis is about learning analytics indicators and dashboards, where he is working, developing and evaluating a LA tool called OpenLAIR that helps course designers, teachers, students, and educational researchers to make informed decisions about the selection of learning design activities, LA indicators, and metrics for their course design or LA dashboard. He is further working on NLP to automize the process of harvesting LA indicators and their metrics from the LA literature and uploading them to OpenLAIR to keep the tool up to date. He graduated with a master's in Software System Engineering in the field of learning analytics from RWTH Aachen University, Germany.
- Ahmad, A., Kiesler, N., Schiffner, D., Schneider, J., and Wollny, S. (2023). Caught in the Lifelong Learning Maze: Helping People with Learning Analytics and Chatbots to Find Personal Career Paths. In International Journal of Information and Education Technology. vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 423-429, 2023..
- Ahmad, A., Yordanov, I.I., Yau, J., Schneider, J., Drachsler, H. (2023). A Trusted Learning Analytics Dashboard for Displaying OER. In: Otto, D., Scharnberg, G., Kerres, M., Zawacki-Richter, O. (eds) Distributed Learning Ecosystems . Springer VS, Wiesbaden. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-38703-7_15
- Ahmad, A.; Schneider, J.; Weidlich, J.; Di Mitri, D.; Yau, J.; Schiffner, D. and Drachsler, H. (2022). What Indicators Can I Serve You with? An Evaluation of a Research-Driven Learning Analytics Indicator Repository. In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Computer Supported Education - Volume 1, ISBN 978-989-758-562-3, ISSN 2184-5026, pages 58-68.
- Ahmad, A., Schneider, J., Griffiths, D., Biedermann, D., Schiffner, D., Greller, W., Drachsler, H. (2022). Connecting the dots – A literature review on learning analytics indicators from a learning design perspective. Special Issues Article in Journal of Computer Assisted Learning. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcal.12716
- Karademir, O., Ahmad, A., Schneider, J., Mitri, D. D., Jivet, I., & Drachsler, H. (2021, October). Designing the Learning Analytics Cockpit-A Dashboard that Enables Interventions. In International Conference in Methodologies and intelligent Systems for Techhnology Enhanced Learning (pp. 95-104). Springer, Cham.
- Ahmad, A., Schneider, J., & Drachsler, H. (2020, September). OpenLAIR an Open Learning Analytics Indicator Repository Dashboard. In European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (pp. 467-471). Springer, Cham.
- Ahmad, A., Schneider, J., Drachsler, H., (2020). Open Learning Analytics Indicator Repository., The 10th International Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference LAK20 (2020), pages 41-43. * Best poster award!
- Hiebl, J., Ahmad, A., Scharnberg, G., Drachsler, H., Heck, T., Hölterhof, T. (2019). Designing Multi-faceted Open Informational Ecosystems for Learning and Teaching. Forschungsworkshop auf der ECER 2019, Hamburg
- Learning Analytics
- Visual Analytics
- Natural Language Processing
- Text Data Mining
- Human Computer Interaction
- Master in Software System Engineering, RWTH Aachen University, 2018 Germany
- Bachelor in Software Engineering, IIUI, 2014 Pakistan